Our Colca Tour 2 days Classic Plus is a journey that will take you from Arequipa city to the amazing Colca canyon. In this excursion you will discover a place rich in culture and traditions, breathtaking natural scenary, either crossing the National Reserve observing the wild vicuñas or admiring the artistically elaborated terraces of the valley with its rivers, mountains and gorges. In addition; you’ll get stunned observing the spectacular gliding of the Andean Condor between the walls of the great canyon.
Our Colca Tour Classic Plus is flexible, allowing you to finish the excursion with a return to Arequipa city or continuing to the City of Puno on Lake Titicaca. We offer also a pick up from Puno city in order that you join our Tour.
Private / Group
- Departure from arequipa and beautiful views driving out of the city.
- Pampa Cañahuas National Reserve (Part of the “Salinas y Aguada Blanca” reserve).
- Highest view point Patapampa (4,910 meters).
- Town of Chivay.
- Town of Coporaque. (Activities in lodge, short walkings around the town, etc.)
- Visit the Thermal baths with medicinal properties (hot springs).
- Visit the Cruz del Condor view point and short walkings around.
- Visit the viewpoints of Choquetico and Atahuilque.
- Short hikes during all excursions.
- Traditional towns of Yanque and Maca.
- Qualified Tourist transportation and experienced driver (Pick up/Drop off at your hotel).
- Oxygen bottle and first Aif kit in our transport during the excursion.
- Professional / Certificated English Guide.
- Lodge / Hotel with Breakfast.
- 24/7 permanent assistance.
- Additional day to realize extra activity with a local family in Coporaque town or take our Optional walkings.
- Transfer to the city of Puno after the tour (second day)
- Colca Tour 2 days classic Plus is flexible, allowing you to finish the excursion with a return to Arequipa city or continuing to the City of Puno on Lake Titicaca.
- Our Colca Tour starts in the city of Arequipa, but we can also organize a pick up from Puno city in order that you join our excursion and end the Tour in Arequipa city.
- The Colca Canyon is the “best place” in South America to see the Andean Condor and during our tours we will visit different viewing points to increase the chances to experience them closely.
- Our transportations have regular strict controls and selected drivers with experience and regular trainings.
- All our transports in Tours to Colca Canyon are supported with a First Aid Kit and a bottle of oxygen in case of need.
- Giardino Guides are profesionals with many years of experience and annual trainings, many of them also in case of any situation of emergency.
- Giardino offer you “a safety record” with many recognitions and is accredited by the local government and international Tourism organizations. (Review our site “About us“)
- Travel feeling good! Our operations seek to generate a minimal impact both on the cultural and environmental aspects of the sites we visit. We also seek to strengthen a positive impact of tourism by strengthening local economies, the education and the generation of employment! Check our Responsible work page for more information or contact us.
Covid 19 measures
Verification of Covid-19 protocols in guides, drivers and all our suppliers.
Professional guide English / Spanish.
We verify the transport for a safe trip
In transport and in hotels.
Accommodation in selected hotel
We monitor your trip permanently.
Complete the following form and our travel advisors will contact you.
Read our FAQs – Colca Canyon
Where do the tours to Colca Canyon depart from?
All tours to the Colca Canyon leave from the city of Arequipa. In request we can organize to pick you from Puno and join our classic tour in Chivay town.
How far is the Colca Canyon from Arequipa?
It is about a 3 1/2 -hour drive from Arequipa to the Colca Canyon.
Am I going to see Condors in the Colca Tour?
It is almost 95% that you will see Condors on a Colca Canyon tour. The tour itinerary includes a visit to the famous “Condor viewpoint” where you can enjoy spectacular pictures of the gliding flight of the Andean Condor.
Is there an entrance fee to the Colca Canyon?
Yes, it costs 70 soles to visit the Colca Canyon. This price is not included in our Tours, but during our tour (Entrance to Chivay) we make a stop in the Ticket office in order that you get your ticket. On request we can buy the ticket for you in advance.
When is the best time of year to visit the Colca Canyon?
The raining season in Peru is from December to March. During these months it rains a lot and may not be the best time specially to hike into the Colca Canyon. But also the rain, make the colors of the terraces of the valley more beautiful!
What is the elevation of Chivay?
Chivay has a elevation of 3645m / 11959feet