Tour Uros & Taquile
This is a full day tour where you will experience the magic of the lake Titicaca in one day.
First you will visit the famous Uros floating islands, built using the “Totora” reeds with long leaves that grow in the lake. Then, we will continuos to the traditional Taquile island and enjoy there a Cultural activity. Finally we’ll have lunch in a local restaurant and return to Puno.
The Island of “Taquile” is located 36 Km (22 miles) away from the city of Puno on the Lake Titicaca. It takes a 2 1/2 hour boat ride to arrive in the island’s main dock. The island highest elevation is 4100 m (13451 feet); it has a length of 5 Km (3.10 miles) and a width of 1.5 Km (0.93 miles). Taquile is home of a Quechua population of 2,000 people who are mainly farmers, fishermen and above all renowned weavers.
Private / Group
- 07:00: Pick-up from your hotel in downtown Puno.
- 07:30: Time to embark on the boat to go to Taquile.
- 08:00: We stop by the Uros islands. It is believed that the Uros were one of the first ethnic groups populating the Andean region. Only in the early 60, the Uros started to build artificial islands with reeds for their homes.
- 11:00: Upon the arrival on the island, the group will follow a path for about 1 hour. On the way to the village, you will enjoy a cultural demonstration run by the native people of Taquile.
- 12:00: Lunch in a local restaurant. Quinoa soup, fresh fish caught in the lake and vegetables are a typical lunchtime meal in Taquile.
- 13:00: After lunch, the group starts the walk back to the main dock in Taquile.
- 14:00 – 14:30: The boat departs in direction Puno.
- 15:30 – 16:00: The group arrives in Puno dock and you will be transferred to your hotel in the city.
- English-Spanish speaking guide.
- Pick-up from hotels in downtown Puno.
- Lunch in Taquile.
- Fast boat transportation.
- Entrance fees to the islands.
Covid 19 measures
Verification of Covid-19 protocols in guides, drivers and all our suppliers.
Professional guide English / Spanish.
We verify the transport for a safe trip
In transport and in hotels.
Accommodation in selected hotel
We monitor your trip permanently.
Complete the following form and our travel advisors will contact you.