The Inka Trail in Cusco is Peru’s best-known hike visited by thousands of tourists every year. This 2-day program covers a 13-km Inca Trail, joining the classical 4-day route at the impressive archaeological site of Wiñaywayna. Then, continuing through the famous Inti Punku or Sun Gate. Finally we will devote the second day to a full day visit of the world-famous Inca citadel of Machupicchu.
This program is recommended for travelers that have less time or those looking to hike a shorter version of the Inca Trail without camping.
Difficulty: Medium / Moderate
Start Point: Cusco or Sacred valley.
Season: From April to December
Private & Group
- Pre-departure briefing.
- Inca Trail and Machupicchu entrance fee.
- Pick up from your hotel and transfer to the train station in Cusco or to the Sacred Valley.
- Tourist economic Train ticket (Expedition) from Cusco to km.104 (starting point of the trail) (*)
- English speaking professional and official tourist guide (2 guides for groups of over 8 people)
- Accommodation in Aguas Calientes town (Machu Picchu Pueblo) – Hotel Tourist class 3*.
- Meals 1 box-lunch + 1 Dinner + 1 Breakfast. Vegetarian or special menus available at no extra cost.
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle.
- Bus ticket from Machupicchu Inca citadel down to the village of Aguas Calientes – 1st day.
- Round trip bus ticket Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes – 2nd day.
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Cusco Tourist economic class(*).
- Transfer train station – hotel in Cusco.
- Breakfast first day and lunch on the second day or other extras not mentioned.
- Tips: Please feel free to tip or not as you wish.
- A backpack with a change of clothes.
- Rain jacket or poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco).
- Strong footwear, ideally trekking or sport shoes.
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun, rain and cold.
- Insect repellent – minimum recommended 20% DEET – no malaria risk has been reported.
- Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, raw fruits, muesli, etc.
- Reusable bottle of water. Plastic bottles are no longer allowed into the Inca Trail.
- Cash in soles and/or US$
- Original passport – Original International Student Identity Card (in case you have a discount).
Covid 19 measures
Verification of Covid-19 protocols in guides, drivers and all our suppliers.
Professional guide English / Spanish.
We verify the transport for a safe trip
In transport and in hotels.
Accommodation in selected hotel
We monitor your trip permanently.
Complete the following form and our travel advisors will contact you.