A Birding Experience
The National Sanctuary Lagunas de Mejía is located in Arequipa city, was established on February 24th 1984 and is from that date a government-protected natural area for the conservation of endangered birds.
It is important to mention that the Mejía Lagoons offers the only protected habitat, between the Paracas National Reserve, the Moquegua and the Huasco River (Atacama-Chile). 690 hectares of Wetlands; this is one of the few places in the world that serves as a place of refuge and rest for migratory birds.
- In this excursion you will visit a Reserve where you can find about 141 species of birds, of which 84 are residents of the Peruvian coast and 57 are, migratory. Of the migratory birds, 17 arrive in Mejía from other parts of Peru, 4 from other countries in South America and 34 from North America.
- Enjoy biodiversity at the 690 hectares of Wetlands.
- In summer is a high possibility to observe thousands of birds and record more than 40 different species in a single visit.
- Tourist transport.
- Professional English Guide.
- Entrance to the Santuary Mejia.
- Box Lunch.
- Light clothing.
- Reusable water bottle.
Covid 19 measures
Verification of Covid-19 protocols in guides, drivers and all our suppliers.
Professional guide English / Spanish.
We verify the transport for a safe trip
In transport and in hotels.
Accommodation in selected hotel
We monitor your trip permanently.
Complete the following form and our travel advisors will contact you.