adventure and Beauty
Rainbow Mountain also known as Winicunca, is located in the Peruvian Andes and is famous for the beauty of its natural, bright colors.
On this trek you will see villages, beautiful adobe style houses, herds of llamas and alpacas. During the route you will have magnificent views of the Ausangate Mountain (6,385 m / 20,945 ft.), the highest mountain in Cusco region.
Private / Group
- Pick you up very early in the morning (between 03:00 a.m. and 03:30 a.m.).
- We will drive about 2 hours to the Pitumarca community, where we will enjoy an exquisite breakfast.
- After breakfast, we will travel for 1 hour until we reach the Pampachiri community.
- Arrive in the Community and starts our trek (3 to 3 1/2 hrs) up to the mountain. Along our hike, we will walk down a pathway surrounded by mountains of vibrant colors and small streams of icy water.
- Finally we will reach the highest point of our trek; the summit of the Rainbow Mountain (5,033 mts.).
- At this point, we will have plenty of time to take selfies, videos and photos.
- After a coordinated time walking down to Pampachiri community.
- Upon our arrival, we will board our transport to return to Pitumarca, where we will enjoy our lunch.
- after lunch we keep our drive back to Cusco, arriving at approximately 17:30.
- Transfer to your hotel.
- Tourist Transport (Round Trip).
- Entrance Rainbow Mountain.
- 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch. (basic).
- Professional Tour Guide.
- First Aid kit.
Optional: Hire a horse for 90 Soles -Talk directly with your guide!
- Original passport.
- Reusable Bottle of Water to drink 2-3 Lt
- Rain jacket / poncho.
- Winter hat and gloves.
- Sun block, factor 35+ recommended
- Sunglasses and hat.
- Camera with spare batteries.
- Trekking poles and shoes.
Covid 19 measures
Verification of Covid-19 protocols in guides, drivers and all our suppliers.
Professional guide English / Spanish.
We verify the transport for a safe trip
In transport and in hotels.
Accommodation in selected hotel
We monitor your trip permanently.
Complete the following form and our travel advisors will contact you.
We had a wonderful birdwatching tour yesterday, organized by Giardino Tour. Luis was an excellent guide, and Julio was an excellent driver. We drove from Arequipa to the Mejia Lagoons National Bird Sanctuary...
Giardino was recommended by a friend, and even though I had booked some hotels on my own, they managed to work around it, and provide us a wonderful experience from Paracas, Nazca, Ica, Huacachina to Puno. The guide Luis Angel was very knowledgeable, answered every question, and went over and beyond his duties to make the tour an unforgettable time in Perú.
We had a fun and educational private Colca Valley tour and road trips with Ramiro (guide) and Herbert (driver) from Giardino Tours. They picked us up from the Arequipa airport, took us to our accommodations at Colca Lodge, took us on a beautiful hike to the isolated Chimpa Fortress... We are glad the agency we engaged to plan our Peru adventure chose Giardino Tours for this part of the trip!
We traveled in Peru with having all of our trip booked through the Giardino travel agency. Karla helped us with the planning and booked the trip, the individual tours and our flights. The price for the tour overall was very reasonable... The guides were fantastic and were the best part about doing these tours. They were knowledgeable and had some of the best recommendations for us to do
Best tour operator in Perú! We have been working with Giardino Tours for years and they have always been outstanding... They will always help us in the best possible way and their service and guides are impeccable. They will sometimes go out of their way just to accommodate our…
We went on a two-day tour with Luis and Julio and it was amazing! Luis speaks very good English and knows a lot about the history and culture of is own country. At every question, he could easily give you a good answer and explainating. Julio was a very good driver. We felt very safe and he stopt at the best spots for pictures. This was one of the best trips during our stay in Peru. We highly recommend this tour guide!