sharing with locals
Uros, Taquile & Amantani
This 2 days tour is a fascinating experience in Titicaca lake. You will visit first the floating islands Uros. Then, our highlight will be the Amantani island (Overnight with family and activities) and close the experience with a visit to Taquile island enjoying a textile and cultural exhibition and a traditional lunch.
The Amantaní island is located 40 Km (25 miles) away from the city of Puno on Lake Titicaca (3 hours of navigation in normal boat). The 3,800 inhabitants of the island are of Quechua origin and they are mainly small farmers. The “Amantaneños” have not been as successful in their entrepreneurial tourism initiatives as their neighbors from Taquile island. However, they are very friendly and warm hosts and offer a great homestay experience to travelers. 🙂
“This cultural exchange experience in Amantaní island is very touching and fascinating”.
Group / Private
- 7:30: Transfers from hotels to the dock in Puno.
- 8:00: We embark on a boat journey towards Amantaní Island. On the way, we stop by the floating Islands of Uros for a guided interpretation of the local way of life of the Uro people.
- 13:30: We arrive in Amantaní Island where the appointed host families’ members are waiting for us. After we are assigned to our host families, we will walk with them to the houses. – We suggest you bring the minimum luggage. You’ll be happier walking at this altitude carrying little weight.
- 14:00: Lunch in a local house.
- 15:00 to 19:00: Choose up to two activities from the list that locals with offer.
- 20:30: PARTY AND DANCE: ACTIVITY OPENS TO ALL.
- 6:30: Sunrise and collection of fishermen nets (if you signed up for boat trip with fisherman on day 1), or hike to the highest point of the island to see the sunrise over the lake (optional, free activities).
- 7:30: Breakfast.
- 8:15: will leave Amantani and board the boat to continue in direction to Taquile island.
- 9:00: We arrive in Taquile and start a soft hike up to the main plaza of the community. At some point during the visit, we will meet the renowned knitting men of Taquile island.
- 12:00: After lunch in a local restaurant, we will start a 45 minute hike down to the main dock.
- 13:00: We embark on the boat back to Puno.
- 16:00: We arrive in Puno dock and we will be transferred to our hotel.
This cultural exchange experience in Amantaní island is very touching and fascinating”.
- Contact for briefing the day before the tour.
- Coordinated transfers from /to hotels in downtown.
- Entrance fees to Uros, Amantani & Taquile.
- Boat transportation to the islands round trip.
- Certified bilingual tour guide.
- Coordination and organization of all chosen activities in Amantani.
Covid 19 measures
Verification of Covid-19 protocols in guides, drivers and all our suppliers.
Professional guide English / Spanish.
We verify the transport for a safe trip
In transport and in hotels.
Accommodation in selected hotel
We monitor your trip permanently.
Complete the following form and our travel advisors will contact you.