Arequipa Tour Picantero
Our Tour “Picantero 4hrs.” is designed for all those who wish to enjoy the different dishes and flavors of our traditional Arequipa cuisine, considered one of the best in Peru!
A Picantería, is a traditional “lunchtime restaurant” and refers to a place serving picante (“spicy”). In Arequipa you will discover a variety of dishes; spicy, mild & neutral, with ingredients that are different from anything you’ve ever tried before! – *Not all dishes are spicy; it will depend on your preference; your Guide will assist you with the options and infos.
- District of Cayma, its Plaza and Church: Visit a Picanteria specialist in the traditional “Adobo” dish.
- Yanahuara District and Plaza: Optional taste of “Queso helado” (Ice cream) and visit to another Picanteria to taste the “Chicha Morada” or “Chicha de Jora” drink (Drinks made from Corn).
- Walking through traditional streets towards to Arequipa City center.
- Lunch in a Picanteria with a variety of small different dishes for tasting (spicy, mild or neutral).
- Professional English Guide.
- Tourist Transportation to Cayma & Yanahaura district.
- Lunch in a Traditional “Picanteria”.
- Permanent Assistance
- Biosecurity protocol.
Covid 19 measures
Verification of Covid-19 protocols in guides, drivers and all our suppliers.
Professional guide English / Spanish.
We verify the transport for a safe trip
In transport and in hotels.
Accommodation in selected hotel
We monitor your trip permanently.
Complete the following form and our travel advisors will contact you.