Our Colca Plus Tour 3 days is an extension of our 2 days Colca Plus. In this experience you will enjoy a journey from Arequipa to the Colca valley with all its breathtaking scenaries and in addition, you spend one day more in the beautiful area of the Colca valley.
For this extra day, we prepare a half day activity in Coporaque town, where you will enjoy sharing activities, ideas, experiences and getting closer to a local family. After this activity you can return to Arequipa city with our group tour, or if you wish, continue to Puno city with our extra transfer from Chivay to Puno (Lake Titicaca).
Private / Group
- Enjoy our drive and the stop-spots crossing the National Reserve of Pampa Cañahuas.
- Observe & feel what it means to be over 4,910 m. at Patapampa Andean viewpoint.
- Visit the town of Chivay.
- Explore the traditional town of Coporaque with walkings, visiting remains and the old plaza.
- Relax visiting the Thermal baths with medicinal properties (hot springs).
- Get stunning views of the canyon and the Condors at the Cruz del Condor view point.
- Enjoy a walk with your guide, looking for more great views of the canyon.
- Take great pics of the valley from Choquetico and Atahuilque view points.
- Visit the traditional town of Yanque.
- Make the experience sharing a half day with a local family in Coporaque town.
- Be relax! You can always take or not our optional short hikes during all tour.
- Qualified Tourist transportation (Pick up / Drop off at your hotel).
- Oxygen bottle and First Aid kit in our tourism transport.
- Professional / Certificated English Guide.
- 2 nights in Hotel / Lodge.
- Breakfast in Lodge/ Hotel.
- Half Day activity with a family in Coporaque town.
- 24/7 permanent assistance (Agent Giardino and your guide).
- Biosecurity Protocol.
Transfer to Puno city on Lake Titicaca last day (Departure about 12:30 PM)
- Our Colca Tour Plus is flexible, allowing you to finish the excursion with a return to Arequipa city or continuing to the City of Puno on Lake Titicaca.
- Our Colca Tour starts in the city of Arequipa, but we can also organize a pick up from Puno city in order that you join our excursion and end the Tour in Arequipa city.
- The Colca Canyon is the “best place” in South America to see the Andean Condor and during our tours we will visit different viewing points to increase the chances to experience them closely.
- Our transportations have regular strict controls and selected drivers with experience and regular trainings.
- All our transports in Tours to Colca Canyon are supported with a First Aid Kit and a bottle of oxygen in case of need.
- Giardino Guides are profesionals with many years of experience and annual trainings, many of them also in case of any situation of emergency.
- Giardino offer you “a safety record” with many recognitions and is accredited by the local government and international Tourism organizations. (Review our site “About us“)
- Travel feeling good! Our operations seek to generate a minimal impact both on the cultural and environmental aspects of the sites we visit. We also seek to strengthen a positive impact of tourism by strengthening local economies, the education and the generation of employment! Check our Responsible work page for more information or contact us.
Covid 19 measures
Verification of Covid-19 protocols in guides, drivers and all our suppliers.
Professional guide English / Spanish.
We verify the transport for a safe trip
In transport and in hotels.
Accommodation in selected hotel
We monitor your trip permanently.
Complete the following form and our travel advisors will contact you.
Read our FAQs – Colca Canyon
Where do the tours to Colca canyon depart from?
All tours to the Colca Canyon leave from the city of Arequipa. In request we can organize to pick you from Puno and join our classic tour in Chivay town.
How far is the Colca Canyon from Arequipa?
It is about a 3 1/2 -hour drive from Arequipa to the Colca Canyon.
Am I going to see Condors in the Colca Tour?
It is almost 100% that you will see Condors on a Colca Canyon tour. The tour itinerary includes a visit to the famous “Condor viewpoint” where you can enjoy spectacular pictures of the gliding flight of the Andean Condor.
Is there an entrance fee to the Colca Canyon?
Yes, it costs 70 soles to visit the Colca Canyon. This price is not included in our Tours, but during our tour (Entrance to Chivay) we make a stop in the Ticket office in order that you get your ticket. On request we can buy the ticket for you in advance.
When is the best time of year to visit the Colca Canyon?
The raining season in Peru is from December to March. During these months it rains a lot and may not be the best time specially to hike into the Colca Canyon. But also the rain, make the colors of the terraces of the valley more beautiful!
What is the elevation of Chivay?
Chivay has a elevation of 3645m / 11959feet